HMGP Acquisition applications are projects for the voluntary acquisition of an existing at-risk structure and the underlying land, and conversion of the land to open space through EITHER the 1) demolition or 2) relocation of the structure. The property must be deed-restricted in perpetuity to open space uses to restore and/or conserve the natural floodplain functions. Both residential and commercial properties are eligible.
Project Cost-Effectiveness (BCA)
Some Acquisitions will require a FEMA cost effectiveness analysis, which must utilize the FEMA Benefit-Cost Analysis (BCA) program, version 5.3.
Below are the required forms for this type of HMGP application – all must be completed for your HMGP application to be considered complete. Some forms must be completed by the applicant, and some must be completed by the property owner.
- HMGP Application Form
- Maintenance Agreement
- Assurances and Certifications, Form 20-16 A, B, C
- 25% Match Commitment Letter
- FEMA Model Deed Restriction
- FEMA Model Statement of Assurances for Property Acquisition
- Statement of Voluntary Participation
- Hazardous Materials Survey
- Duplication of Benefits Affidavit
- Historic Preservation Project Review Cover Form
- Application for Federal Assistance - SF424
To submit an HMGP application, please email a digital copy (pdf) to Stephanie Smith and a hard copy to:
Stephanie Smith, State Hazard Mitigation Officer
Vermont Emergency Management
45 State Drive
Waterbury, VT 05671-1300