Skip to main content

Flood Resources

State of Vermont Flood Recovery Site

Public Assistance for Cities/Towns

Individual Assistance

To review or get a status update on an application visit or call 1-800-621-3362.

FEMA Individual Assistance Program Information

Individual Assistance Frequently Asked Questions

IA Flyer

Vermonters with damaged homes should report those damages to Vermont 211 visiting Those who can not register on-line can call 2-1-1.

Business Recovery

Business Recovery Centers and other resources

Donate to Storm Recovery

Please donate to a reputable charity that assists in recovery, such as (but not limited to)

Vermont Flood Response and Recovery Fund
Northern New England Red Cross
Your Local United Way

State Web Sites

Vermont Department of Health -

Agency of Natural Resources -

Agency of Agriculture -

Department of Mental Health -

Agency of Commerce and Community Development -

Volunteer for Storm Recovery -

Translations of Recovery Materials


UPDATED: Loss of 3SquaresVT due to Household Misfortune/Flood
3SquaresVT households who have lost food due to recent flooding or power outages can apply for 3SquareVT replacement benefits. Normally losses due to household misfortune must be requested within 10 days of the date of the disaster, or date power is restored. That timeline has been extended for the July 2023 catastrophic flooding event in Vermont. Replacement requests can now be submitted anytime through August 31, 2023.  
UPDATED: Hot Foods Waiver Extension
The State of Vermont is approved to allow 3SquaresVT participants to buy hot and hot prepared foods at SNAP-authorized retailers (grocery stores, general and convenience stores, farmers markets, etc.)

  • This new and temporary change to what people can buy with 3SquaresVT is effective immediately and has just been extended through September 17, 2023. 
  • To find local SNAP-authorized retailers, click here.