2018 State Hazard Mitigation Plan - FEMA Approval: November 17, 2018
2018 State Hazard Mitigation Plan by Section:
- Section 1: Executive Summary
- Section 2: Planning Process
- Section 3: State & Local Capabilities
- Section 4: Vermont Profile & Hazard Assessment
- Section 5: Mitigation Strategy
- Section 6: Maintenance & Implementation
- Appendix to Section 1: Authority & Adoption
- Appendix to Section 3: State & Local Capabilities Supplemental
- Appendix to Section 4: Vermont Disaster History by Event Type; Vermont Owned Buildings & Replacement Costs
- Appendix to Section 5: 2018 Status of 2013 Actions
If you have any questions on the plan, please reach out to Stephanie A. Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org or (802) 241-5362.
- VISION: Vermont will be safe and resilient in the face of climate change and natural disasters.
- MISSION: To protect life, property, natural resources and quality of life in Vermont by reducing our vulnerability to climate change and natural disasters.
- Protect, restore and enhance Vermont’s natural resources to promote healthy, resilient ecosystems.
- Enhance the resilience of our built environment - our communities, infrastructure, buildings, and cultural assets.
- Develop and implement plans and policies that create resilient natural systems, built environments and communities.
- Create a common understanding of – and coordinated approach to – mitigation planning and action.
The State Hazard Mitigation Plan Steering Committee was responsible for the high-level decision-making and steering of the SHMP update process, including cross-sector coordination and guidance.
Working Groups met throughout the Plan update process to provide subject matter and technical expertise on mitigation challenges and needs, and develop mitigation strategies.
Vermont's State Hazard Mitigation Plan identifies natural hazards that affect Vermont, assesses risk and vulnerability to these hazards, and identifies top priority mitigation actions at the State level to remove vulnerability and create a more resilient Vermont.