Farmers to Families Food Distribution
The Farmers to Families food box distribution is in a time of transition, as non-profits will soon take over distribution of the distribution of fresh produce, dairy products, and chicken.
Registration will stay the same once the effort is back, lease visit humanresources.vermont.gov/food-help or call 2-1-1 (or 866-652-4636) if you do not have access to the internet or are uncomfortable using it.
We encourage anyone struggling to access food to look into these other great resources:
- 3SquaresVT – You could be eligible to receive a 3SquaresVT benefit or increase the benefit you already receive. To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 1-855-855-6181, or text VFBSNAP to 85511
- WIC gives you access to healthy foods, nutrition education and counseling, and breastfeeding support. If you’re pregnant, a caregiver, or a parent with a child under five, WIC is right for you! To find out more and apply visit https://www.healthvermont.gov/family/wic or text VTWIC to 85511.
- Find a food shelf – The Vermont Foodbank maintains a listing of food shelf locations at https://www.vtfoodbank.org/agency-locator.
- CSFP – The Commodity Supplemental Food Program is a federal nutrition program which offers free monthly nutrition information and nutritious foods to income-eligible older adults. Learn more at www.vtfoodbank.org/csfp.
- 2-1-1 – The Vermont 2-1-1 database contains detailed descriptions of programs and services available to Vermonters that are provided by local community groups, social service and health-related agencies, government organizations, and others.
- Meal Programs for Older Vermonters – For more information about meals for older adults, please call the Helpline at 1-800-642-5119.
- Visit vtfoodbank.org/gethelp