Farmers to Families Food Distribution
This July and August, Farmers to Families food boxes containing fresh produce, dairy products, and chicken will be available at multiple daily food distributions throughout the state.
To keep wait times to a minimum, reservations will be required for the distributions. To register and see the dates and locations, please visit humanresources.vermont.gov/food-help or call 2-1-1 (or 866-652-4636) if you do not have access to the internet or are uncomfortable using it.
Registration for each site closes by 4pm the day prior, please ensure you sign up before then.
You are welcome to pick up food for other families who are not able to make it to the pickup site, just be sure to include those shares in your reservation.
We encourage anyone struggling to access food to look into these other great resources:
- 3SquaresVT – You could be eligible to receive a 3SquaresVT benefit or increase the benefit you already receive. To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 1-855-855-6181, or text VFBSNAP to 85511
- WIC gives you access to healthy foods, nutrition education and counseling, and breastfeeding support. If you’re pregnant, a caregiver, or a parent with a child under five, WIC is right for you! To find out more and apply visit https://www.healthvermont.gov/family/wic or text VTWIC to 85511.
- Find a food shelf – The Vermont Foodbank maintains a listing of food shelf locations at https://www.vtfoodbank.org/agency-locator.
- CSFP – The Commodity Supplemental Food Program is a federal nutrition program which offers free monthly nutrition information and nutritious foods to income-eligible older adults. Learn more at www.vtfoodbank.org/csfp.
- 2-1-1 – The Vermont 2-1-1 database contains detailed descriptions of programs and services available to Vermonters that are provided by local community groups, social service and health-related agencies, government organizations, and others.
- Meal Programs for Older Vermonters – For more information about meals for older adults, please call the Helpline at 1-800-642-5119.
- Visit vtfoodbank.org/gethelp